preventing second FP instance usinh shorcur (link)

preventing second FP instance usinh shorcur (link)

jokro
Best whishes and a cooperative 2014 to all.

When opening a map by means of a shortcut (.lnk), a new instance of freeplane is opened.
This is also the case if in preferences the option preventing second instance is set to true.
How can I keep working with a single instance of FP ?

Regards
Jodi

Re: preventing second FP instance usinh shorcur (link)

"jokro [via Freeplane Developer]" <[hidden email]>
writes:

> Best whishes and a cooperative 2014 to all[smiley].
>
> When opening a map by means of a shortcut (.lnk), a new instance of freeplane is opened.
> This is also the case if in preferences the option preventing second instance is set to
> true.
> How can I keep working with a single instance of FP ?

hi Jokro,

Are you using 1.3.6? I hopefully fixed "single instance mode" a while
ago:
  https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/commit/952625263d734385cb60bee267f5334a7b09664b
(works for me on Debian Linux and W7)

If that does not fix it, maybe you need to select _both_ checkboxes in
Environment->Single program instance? (It would make sense if you didn't
have to)

Best Regards,

Re: preventing second FP instance usinh shorcur (link)

jokro
Felix,
I do use 1.2 because my company only installs (allows) the production version on their network. So I have to be patient....
I tested with 1.3 under Windows 7 on a local computer and it works as expected.
Thx.
Jodi

writes:

> Best whishes and a cooperative 2014 to all[smiley].
>
> When opening a map by means of a shortcut (.lnk), a new instance of freeplane is opened.
> This is also the case if in preferences the option preventing second instance is set to
> true.
> How can I keep working with a single instance of FP ?

hi Jokro,

Are you using 1.3.6? I hopefully fixed "single instance mode" a while
ago:
  https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/commit/952625263d734385cb60bee267f5334a7b09664b
(works for me on Debian Linux and W7)

If that does not fix it, maybe you need to select _both_ checkboxes in
Environment->Single program instance? (It would make sense if you didn't
have to)

Best Regards,

http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/preventing-second-FP-instance-usinh-shorcur-link-tp45p47.html
NAML

Re: preventing second FP instance usinh shorcur (link)

Volker Börchers
Administrator
Hi Jodi,

the issue should leave some trace in the log file. Have a look - maybe it's something you could solve.

Regards, Volker

writes:

> Best whishes and a cooperative 2014 to all[smiley].
>
> When opening a map by means of a shortcut (.lnk), a new instance of freeplane is opened.
> This is also the case if in preferences the option preventing second instance is set to
> true.
> How can I keep working with a single instance of FP ?

hi Jokro,

Are you using 1.3.6? I hopefully fixed "single instance mode" a while
ago:
  https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/commit/952625263d734385cb60bee267f5334a7b09664b
(works for me on Debian Linux and W7)

If that does not fix it, maybe you need to select _both_ checkboxes in
Environment->Single program instance? (It would make sense if you didn't
have to)

Best Regards,

http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/preventing-second-FP-instance-usinh-shorcur-link-tp45p47.html
NAML

Sent from the Freeplane Developer mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Freeplane-developer mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freeplane-developer

Viele Grüße,
Volker

Re: preventing second FP instance usinh shorcur (link)

"Volker Börchers [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi Jodi,

hello Volker,

> the issue should leave some trace in the log file. Have a look - maybe
> it's something you could solve.

I don't think it can easily be fixed by changing anything but Freeplane
source code.
  (https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/commit/952625263d734385cb60bee267f5334a7b09664b)

On Linux I got a BindException because AFAIR it tried to register on a public
IP (InetAddress.getLocalHost()) as opposed to 127.0.0.1 ("localhost").
Not sure what the problem was on Windows7.

Best Regards!

Felix

> Regards, Volker
>
> jokro <[hidden email]> schrieb:
>
>     Felix,
>     I do use 1.2 because my company only installs (allows) the production version on their network. So I have to be patient....
>     I tested with 1.3 under Windows 7 on a local computer and it works as expected.
>     Thx.
>     Jodi
>
>     Op 26-12-2013 21:05, Felix Natter [via Freeplane Developer] schreef:
>
>         "jokro [via Freeplane Developer]" <[hidden email]>
>         writes:
>
>         > Best whishes and a cooperative 2014 to all[smiley].
>         >
>         > When opening a map by means of a shortcut (.lnk), a new instance of freeplane is opened.
>         > This is also the case if in preferences the option preventing second instance is set to
>         > true.
>         > How can I keep working with a single instance of FP ?
>
>         hi Jokro,
>
>         Are you using 1.3.6? I hopefully fixed "single instance mode" a while
>         ago:
>           https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/commit/952625263d734385cb60bee267f5334a7b09664b
>         (works for me on Debian Linux and W7)
>
>         If that does not fix it, maybe you need to select _both_ checkboxes in
>         Environment->Single program instance? (It would make sense if you didn't
>         have to)
>
>         Best Regards,
>         --
>         Felix Natter

>     -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>     Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
>     organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
>     affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
>     Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
>     http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> Viele Grüße,
> Volker

> NAML

Re: [SPAM] Re: preventing second FP instance usinh shorcur (link)

Felix Natter <[hidden email]> writes:

> "Volker Börchers [via Freeplane Developer]"
> <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Hi Jodi,
>
> hello Volker,
>
>> the issue should leave some trace in the log file. Have a look - maybe
>> it's something you could solve.
>
> I don't think it can easily be fixed by changing anything but Freeplane
> source code.
>   (https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/commit/952625263d734385cb60bee267f5334a7b09664b)
>
> On Linux I got a BindException because AFAIR it tried to register on a public
> IP (InetAddress.getLocalHost()) as opposed to 127.0.0.1 ("localhost").
> Not sure what the problem was on Windows7.

Sorry, of course InetAddress.getLocalHost() returns a local IP but !=
127.0.0.1.

Best Regards,