freeplane -U: help text wrong?

hi,

if I start freeplane with:
  /usr/bin/freeplane -U/home/felix/.config/freeplane_stable

the freeplane creates:
  /home/felix/.config/freeplane_stable/1.3.x

However, freeplane -help shows:

 -U<userdir>: set the freeplane user config directory (default: /home/felix/.config/freeplane/1.3.x)

--> I think we want to change this to the parent dir:

 -U<userdir>: set the freeplane user config directory (default: /home/felix/.config/freeplane)

Any objections?

Re: freeplane -U: help text wrong?

Volker Börchers
Administrator
Hi Felix,

a good find!

Regards,
Volker

Am 1. Mai 2015 13:41:37 MESZ, schrieb "Felix Natter [via Freeplane Developer]" <[hidden email]>:
hi,

if I start freeplane with:
  /usr/bin/freeplane -U/home/felix/.config/freeplane_stable

the freeplane creates:
  /home/felix/.config/freeplane_stable/1.3.x

However, freeplane -help shows:

 -U<userdir>: set the freeplane user config directory (default: /home/felix/.config/freeplane/1.3.x)

--> I think we want to change this to the parent dir:

 -U<userdir>: set the freeplane user config directory (default: /home/felix/.config/freeplane)

Any objections?

http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/freeplane-U-help-text-wrong-tp689.html
To start a new topic under Freeplane Developer, email [hidden email]
NAML

Viele Grüße,
Volker

Re: freeplane -U: help text wrong?

"Volker Börchers [via Freeplane Developer]"
<ml-node+s996965n691h10@n3.nabble.com> writes:

> Hi Felix,

hello Volker,

> a good find!

in order to fix this, I would like to refactor

org.freeplane.core.util.Compat.getApplicationUserDirectory() to
org.freeplane.core.util.Compat.getApplicationUserDirectoryIncludingVersion()

and add

org.freeplane.core.util.Compat.getApplicationUserDirectory()
which would NOT include CURRENT_VERSION_DIR.
(and use that in org.freeplane.main.application.CommandLineParser.Options.HELP_MESSAGE)

But Dimitry said that you would like to keep
Compat.getApplicationUserDirectory() as is for scripts.
--> shall I just add Compat.getApplicationUserDirectoryExcludingVersion()?

Best Regards,

Re: freeplane -U: help text wrong?

Re: freeplane -U: help text wrong?

Volker Börchers
Administrator
Hi Felix,

yes, we actually should be careful when changing the semantics of public
methods, at least in utility classes. I like the way you have
implemented it.

Regards,
Volker