calculation of a valid Freeplane node id

calculation of a valid Freeplane node id

nnako
Hi,

I'd like to externally create a valid Freeplane node ID. Where do I find detailed information about how they are calculated under the hood of Freeplane? I've heard, for these IDs there are several ingredients possible like MAC address, global time stamp, ...

Thanks for any hint.

Re: calculation of a valid Freeplane node id

Volker Börchers
Administrator
It's simpler, see MapModel.generateNodeID()

Regards,
Volker

Re: calculation of a valid Freeplane node id

nnako
Simple but effective. At least from within the Freeplane code. But there would be no possibility to check for collisions when these node IDs were created from outside the Freeplane codebase and the copied into an existing map, right? Or are the IDs re-calculated while copying / pasting externally?

Thanks.
Nnamdi

Volker Börchers wrote
It's simpler, see MapModel.generateNodeID()

Re: calculation of a valid Freeplane node id

Yes they are