Repository Cleanup

BArchibald
Hi all,

Since I'm now on holiday I've decided to get back to tackling Gradle Builds.

Current status is reorganising the repository to meet the gradle standards and just generally tidy it, move things to maven etc.

I'm interested in the status of the following three plugins:

plugin_uispec4j -> This hasn't been touched in a long time and only consists of a handful of files. Is anyone still using uispec4j to run tests or should we remove this to avoid cluttering the repository? (it'll always be in the history if anyone wants to pick it up again).

Last feature update seemed to be around Mar 2013.

freeplane_uitest -> Similar argument to above. Also doesn't seem to have been used in a while.

workspace -> I know workspace is currently disabled. I'm not 100% on what the situation is, are we completely removing it or will this be worked on and re-enabled. I guess we should be careful here to avoid breaking anything in Docear if they pull in changes.

Many thanks,
Blair

Re: Repository Cleanup

> I'm interested in the status of the following three plugins:
>
> plugin_uispec4j -> This hasn't been touched in a long time and only consists of a handful of files.
> Is anyone still using uispec4j to run tests or should we remove this to avoid cluttering the
> repository? (it'll always be in the history if anyone wants to pick it up again).
>
> Last feature update seemed to be around Mar 2013.
>
> freeplane_uitest -> Similar argument to above. Also doesn't seem to have been used in a while.

Both projects are needed to write gui tests. I think that even test driven development and major
refactoring can be possible without gui tests if logic is separated from representation. So I think
we do not need any of them as long as we do not test gui.

But if anybody thinks differently please write it.

Another obsolete plug-in is freeplane_plugin_help . It is based on a library with incompatible
license (GPL2) and it is not used in Freeplane and not maintained for quite a long time. I am sure
we can completely delete it.

> workspace -> I know workspace is currently disabled. I'm not 100% on what the situation is, are we
> completely removing it or will this be worked on and re-enabled. I guess we should be careful here
> to avoid breaking anything in Docear if they pull in changes.

I shall write a mail to docear developers and ask them to participate in this discussion.

Re: Repository Cleanup

> workspace -> I know workspace is currently disabled. I'm not 100% on what the situation is, are we
> completely removing it or will this be worked on and re-enabled. I guess we should be careful here
> to avoid breaking anything in Docear if they pull in changes.

/* Answer from Marcel */

Hi all,

The workspace plugin can be removed completely without the risk of breaking something in Docear. We
are not planning to pull any changes any time soon. Besides, we are currently reworking the whole
workspace framework to be more flexible and independent.

Best regards,
Marcel

Re: Repository Cleanup

BArchibald
Thanks for the quick reply.

What I'll do is remove them all for now - if any objections arise then we can just bring them back from the history.

This will help keep things clean for the merge back into the integration branch.

Many thanks,
Blair

On 14 August 2014 22:24, Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer] <[hidden email]> wrote:
> workspace -> I know workspace is currently disabled. I'm not 100% on what the situation is, are we
> completely removing it or will this be worked on and re-enabled. I guess we should be careful here
> to avoid breaking anything in Docear if they pull in changes.

/* Answer from Marcel */

Hi all,

The workspace plugin can be removed completely without the risk of breaking something in Docear. We
are not planning to pull any changes any time soon. Besides, we are currently reworking the whole
workspace framework to be more flexible and independent.

Best regards,
Marcel

http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/Repository-Cleanup-tp505p507.html
To start a new topic under Freeplane Developer, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Freeplane Developer, click here.
NAML