Re: Ribbons

Marcel and me have worked on ribbons and menus and reached some good intermediate state.

I integrated and improved an xslt transformation running during the build process. It creates
mindmapmodemenu.xml from mindmapmoderibbon.xml.

I also have moved the filter tool bar to the bottom and restored the main tool bar for the classical
menus

Marcel made list of last opened maps available and fixed hot keys so that they work with both
ribbons and classical menus.

I added some new ribbon-contributor xml elements which currently work only in the menu mode. These
elements are not supported by the ribbon UI yet and I am afraid I need some help from Marcel to
implement them for ribbons too. As long as they are not implemented the corresponding items are not
accessible by hot keys with ribbons.

The new contributors are:

Important:

contributor with menu_key="main_menu_scripting" creates menu items to execute scripts from user
script directory

contributor with menu_key="menu_user_defined_filters" creates menu items to select filters by names

contributor with menu_key="main_menu_styles" creates menu items to assign styles which are contained
in the map

contributor with menu_key="main_menu_icons" creates menu items to add user icons

contributor with menu_key="main_menu_mindmaps" creates menu items from a list of opened maps

Not important:

contributor with menu_key="menu_goto_links" creates menu items to jump to connected nodes

contributor with menu_key="main_menu_new_load_accelerator_presets" creates menu items to load the
saved hot key presets

contributor with menu_key="main_menu_modes" to switch between file, browse and editor modes is not
relevant for ribbons

So let Marcel and me continue to implement them for ribbons. However we have pretty much time for it
because I am not going to make ribbons public until we release 1.3.x.

The developer can try to run the preview from branch master_ribbons.
Do not forget to run the ant build each time you switch branches.
It is necessary to generate the correct menu xmls which are not versioned in git now.

Re: Ribbons

h.goebel
Administrator
Am 05.01.2014 15:10, schrieb dpolivaev [via Freeplane Developer]:

> contributor with menu_key="main_menu_scripting" creates menu items to
> execute scripts from user
> script directory

As you are heavily modifying the code anyway, I propose doing some
clean-up and strip the tag-names: The prefixes "menu_", "ribbon_",
"entry_" are meaningless for most of the tags, since the .xml-files are
defining menues resp. ribbons. So there is no need to prefix every tag
with this.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [hidden email]               |

Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |