Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

> This is a question of the mailinglist software. If you do not know nabble yet, try it out:
> http://pyinstaller.47505.x6.nabble.com/

Finally we've got concrete and easy to use suggestion.
Let us try http://freeplane-developer.996969.n3.nabble.com/ and decide whether we want to use it as
a replacement for both developer mailing list and developer forum.

I have already subscribed to it and receive all mails.

Regards, Dimitry

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

h.goebel
Administrator
Am 22.11.2013 10:41, schrieb Dimitry Polivaev:

> Let us try http://freeplane-developer.996969.n3.nabble.com/ and decide
> whether we want to use it as a replacement

:-) I just wanted to set up this, too :-)

Are you linking it in the wiki?

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [hidden email]               |

Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

Volker Börchers

this is funny. 3 1/2 years ago I proposed to mirror the mailing list at
nabble: https://sourceforge.net/p/freeplane/mailman/message/24690903/

That's okay but doesn't solve urgent problems.

Regards, Volker

Am 22.11.2013 10:41, schrieb Dimitry Polivaev:

>> This is a question of the mailinglist software. If you do not know nabble yet, try it out:
>> http://pyinstaller.47505.x6.nabble.com/
>
> Finally we've got concrete and easy to use suggestion.
> Let us try http://freeplane-developer.996969.n3.nabble.com/ and decide whether we want to use it as
> a replacement for both developer mailing list and developer forum.
>
> I have already subscribed to it and receive all mails.
>
> Regards, Dimitry

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

> this is funny. 3 1/2 years ago I proposed to mirror the mailing list at
> nabble: https://sourceforge.net/p/freeplane/mailman/message/24690903/

3 1/2 years ago there was no agreement on that. Now it looks like current freeplane team wants to
give nabble a try. So if nobody disagrees I shall try to import the list archive to nabble and also
subscribe you to the new nabble list.

> That's okay but doesn't solve urgent problems.

My personal trick to access our phpbb forum from a mobile device with slow connection speed is to
use browser opera which seems to handle it pretty good because it uses compressing proxy server for
data transfer.

If somebody volunteers for moving our open discussion forum to either our web space or anywhere else
please let me know. But there are still things to check and to try before we actually can replace
one by another.

By the way, Felix told me that his problem is that data he types in the forum can sometime get lost.
For this problem I strongly recommend use of cross-browser add-on lazarus  (http://getlazarus.com/)
which internally saves and recovers every text you ever type in any web form. It is one of the most
helpful add-ons I personally use.

Regards, Dimitry

Am 26.11.2013 20:25, schrieb Dimitry Polivaev:
> 3 1/2 years ago there was no agreement on that. Now it looks like
> current freeplane team wants to give nabble a try. So if nobody
> disagrees I shall try to import the list archive to nabble and also
> subscribe you to the new nabble list.

There is no need to need for changing a list or so. nabble can act a a
froum-wrapper for the existing mailinglist, Just use Options ->
Applications -> Mailinglist Archive Settings and subscribe the
nabble-forum to the mailinglist.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [hidden email]               |

Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

I did it but I do not see any effects.

Regards, Dimitry

> Am 26.11.2013 20:25, schrieb Dimitry Polivaev:
>> 3 1/2 years ago there was no agreement on that. Now it looks like
>> current freeplane team wants to give nabble a try. So if nobody
>> disagrees I shall try to import the list archive to nabble and also
>> subscribe you to the new nabble list.
>
> There is no need to need for changing a list or so. nabble can act a a
> froum-wrapper for the existing mailinglist, Just use Options ->
> Applications -> Mailinglist Archive Settings and subscribe the
> nabble-forum to the mailinglist.

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

nnako
It seems to work nicely...

Just created a forum message on nabble's freeplane forum. You will have seen it here in the mailing list. The message was forwarded to my private eMail account (as configured) and it was as well forwarded to sourceforge's freeplane mailing list. Replying to the message received directly from nabble created an appropriate answer message within the nabble forum (which I have already deleted there together with the original message).

The only things left to do would be:

1. all the developers would have to register with nabble's freeplane forum
2. they have to set the auto-eMail-option in the forum settings
3. drop sourceforge's freeplane mailing list

So we get a developer forum together with answerable eMail-notifications for each post.

Am 05.12.2013 23:34, schrieb [hidden email]:
> 1. all the developers would have to register with nabble's freeplane forum
> 2. they have to set the auto-eMail-option in the forum settings
> 3. drop sourceforge's freeplane mailing list

As long as there is no reason for dropping sourceforge's freeplane
mailing list (Step 3), there is no need for step 1.

IMHO, there is not need for step 3.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [hidden email]               |

Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/ works fine and also hides all email addresses.
It allows to edit and to delete posts if needed.

Do you think we can close developer forum and suggest to use the new forum/list combination instead?
Do you want to replace the open discussion forum by a nabble forum?

Regards, Dimitry

Am 06.12.2013 20:40, schrieb Dimitry Polivaev:
> Do you think we can close developer forum and suggest to use the new forum/list combination instead?

+1

Am 06.12.2013 21:51, schrieb Hartmut Goebel:
> Am 06.12.2013 20:40, schrieb Dimitry Polivaev:
>> Do you think we can close developer forum and suggest to use the new forum/list combination instead?
> +1
>> Do you want to replace the open discussion forum by a nabble forum?
> +1

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

Volker Börchers
Administrator
Switching off the developer forum was the whole point of the developer
list going to Nabble right? - So do that.

But you're surely joking regarding the Open Discussion forum, right?
Haha, got that!

Volker

Am 08.12.2013 02:19, schrieb Volker Börchers:
> But you're surely joking regarding the Open Discussion forum, right?
> Haha, got that!

Ups, you got me!

In deed I misread the mail. The *Open* Discussion Forum should stay at
sourceforge. My intention is to close the *developer* forum and use the
developer *Mailinglist* for developers only. And the nabble forum is
meant for those who do not want to publish their email-adrress.

So my vote is
+1
-1

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [hidden email]               |

Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

>> But you're surely joking regarding the Open Discussion forum, right?
>> Haha, got that!
>
> Ups, you got me!

Just to be clear, the question was not meant as a joke.
I got your voting.

Regards, Dimitry

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Proposal: drop developers forum

Hello,

I configured our developer forum so that nobody except for forum administrators can post there.
I added a sticky post which asks to post new developer questions at the new location.

https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/freeplane/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=834
> This developer forum is closed. A new forum is available.
>
> Postby dpolivaev » 10 Dec 2013 23:06
> Freeplane developer forum at phpBB has been closed.
> Now you can post all your questions and interact with Freeplane developers at http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/ .
> The new forum is a combination of a usual forum with a mailing list. It should allow us to get your questions and to respond faster and better.
> Posting to the new forum requires user registration on the forum page.

Regards, Dimitry