Re: [Freeplane-developer] Dependencies + Linux packages

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Dependencies + Linux packages

h.goebel
Administrator
Am 17.12.2013 20:05, schrieb Felix Natter:
> I'll try to package trident, flamingo and substance (needed for ribbons)
> in the latest versions for Debian, but this may not easily be possible
> for all libraries, due to licensing issues (Debian!) or other packages
> depending on the current version of the package. Also, we should prefer
> deps that are actively maintained.

Regarding the Mageia package, we are facing the same problem. The new
Mageia Packaging Policy requires *all* jar files to be build from
source. As long as there are no current sources available for trident,
flamingo and the others, I will not be able to package Freeeplane for
Mageia.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [hidden email]               |

Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Dependencies + Linux packages

I discussed this issue with Marcel (Docear) and I would like to communicate the results.

Docear team, particularly Marcel, have got deep insights into flamingo and even are able to fix some problems in the source code.

Currently there are some github repositories where flamingo development still takes place

https://github.com/Insubstantial/insubstantial/network

I asked Marcel to fork the flamingo githib repository, to push all their changes and to create corresponding pull requests. If the pull requests can be accepted we do not need a separate version in the package.

Regards, Dimitry