Quantcast

Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

hi,

there are a few problems with current 1.3.x and 1.4.x:

1. cannot be build (ant clean dist) due to missing "ant
format-translation" (shall I do this?) [1.4.x ONLY]

2. when starting from freeplane_framework/build/freeplane.sh
[or freshly built freeplane_bin-1.4.1-alpha.zip, probably also on 1.3.x]

Created Framework: org.knopflerfish.framework, version=7.1.2.
java.io.IOException: Bundle manifest is missing
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.Archive.<init>(Archive.java:99)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.BundleArchiveImpl.<init>(BundleArchiveImpl.java:89)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.BundleStorageImpl.insertBundleJar(BundleStorageImpl.java:91)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.Bundles.install0(Bundles.java:159)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.PermissionOps.callInstall0(PermissionOps.java:321)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.Bundles.install(Bundles.java:116)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:124)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.handleArgs(Main.java:544)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.start(Main.java:224)
        at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.main(Main.java:153)
Error: Command "-istart org.freeplane.core" failed, Failed to install bundle: java.io.IOException: Bundle manifest is missing

=> I tried to rename ~/.config/freeplane/1.4.x, no change
=> do we need to fix freeplane.sh?
(I'll try to look into it)

3. when starting from Eclipse and opening the formula editor:
[tested only on 1.4.x]
STDERR: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
STDERR: java.lang.NullPointerException
STDERR: at org.freeplane.view.swing.ui.mindmapmode.GlassPaneManager.ancestorAdded(GlassPaneManager.java:58)
STDERR: at javax.swing.AncestorNotifier.fireAncestorAdded(AncestorNotifier.java:85)
STDERR: at javax.swing.AncestorNotifier.componentShown(AncestorNotifier.java:192)
STDERR: at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.componentShown(AWTEventMulticaster.java:179)
STDERR: at java.awt.Component.processComponentEvent(Component.java:6348)
STDERR: at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6296)
STDERR: at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)
STDERR: at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Window.java:2022)
STDERR: at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4872)
STDERR: at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
STDERR: at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)
STDERR: at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4698)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
STDERR: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
STDERR: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
STDERR: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)
STDERR: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
STDERR: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

Thanks and Best Regards,

Re: Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

Unforunately I haven't found the cause for this. I looked for case issues
since it seems to work on Windows(?)...

@Dimitry: Could you have a look?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Felix

Re: Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

sorry I have not read the mail before.

 > 1. cannot be build (ant clean dist) due to missing "ant
 > format-translation" (shall I do this?) [1.4.x ONLY]

Yes, always, it is the only way to find out what happens. This problem can come after merge with
Weblate.

 > 2. when starting from freeplane_framework/build/freeplane.sh
 > [or freshly built freeplane_bin-1.4.1-alpha.zip, probably also on 1.3.x]
 >
 > Created Framework: org.knopflerfish.framework, version=7.1.2.
 > java.io.IOException: Bundle manifest is missing
 >         at org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.Archive.<init>(Archive.java:99)
 >         at
 > org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.BundleArchiveImpl.<init>(BundleArchiveImpl.java:89)
 >         at

org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.BundleStorageImpl.insertBundleJar(BundleStorageImpl.java:91)

 >         at org.knopflerfish.framework.Bundles.install0(Bundles.java:159)
 >         at org.knopflerfish.framework.PermissionOps.callInstall0(PermissionOps.java:321)
 >         at org.knopflerfish.framework.Bundles.install(Bundles.java:116)
 >         at org.knopflerfish.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle(BundleContextImpl.java:124)
 >         at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.handleArgs(Main.java:544)
 >         at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.start(Main.java:224)
 >         at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.main(Main.java:153)
 > Error: Command "-istart org.freeplane.core" failed, Failed to install bundle: java.io.IOException:
 > Bundle manifest is missing
 >
 > => I tried to rename ~/.config/freeplane/1.4.x, no change
 > => do we need to fix freeplane.sh?
 > (I'll try to look into it)

Yes, my failure. I am sorry about that.

freeplane.sh should be changed to something like

# now actually launch Freeplane
"${JAVACMD}" -Xmx512m\
"${JAVACMD}" -Xmx512m\
  "-Dorg.freeplane.userfpdir=$userfpdir"\
  "-Dorg.freeplane.old_userfpdir=$old_userfpdir"\
  "-Dorg.freeplane.globalresourcedir=${freedir}/resources"\
  $JAVA_OPTS\
  $xdockname\
  -jar "${freedir}/freeplanelauncher.jar"\
  $*

Could you please try it out?

 > 3. when starting from Eclipse and opening the formula editor:
 > [tested only on 1.4.x]
 > STDERR: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
 > STDERR: java.lang.NullPointerException
 > STDERR: at
 > org.freeplane.view.swing.ui.mindmapmode.GlassPaneManager.ancestorAdded(GlassPaneManager.java:58)
 > STDERR: at javax.swing.AncestorNotifier.fireAncestorAdded(AncestorNotifier.java:85)
 > STDERR: at javax.swing.AncestorNotifier.componentShown(AncestorNotifier.java:192)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.componentShown(AWTEventMulticaster.java:179)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.Component.processComponentEvent(Component.java:6348)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6296)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2229)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.Window.processEvent(Window.java:2022)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4872)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2287)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2719)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4698)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:735)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
 > STDERR: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 > STDERR: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
 > STDERR: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:87)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:708)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:706)
 > STDERR: at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 > STDERR: at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:705)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
 > STDERR: at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)

Good point.

It is because code at
org.freeplane.view.swing.ui.mindmapmode.GlassPaneManager.ancestorAdded(GlassPaneManager.java:58)
tries to disable Freeplane menu as long as during Formula editor is open but Freeplane has not menu
and has Ribbons instead. I think it is done because otherwise the user could do something leading
the system to inconsistent state by e.g. deleting the node while the Formula editor is open.

I think that this issue must be pretty relevant for Docear as they are already using ribbons
(http://www.docear.org/software/screenshots/).
So we should discuss the fix: should we disable the Ribbons too and where the logic selecting
ribbons or menu should be implemented or should we built in some consistency checks.

Re: Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

I fixed latest launcher problems for Linux and Mac and created a new preview 1.3.14_01

Regards, Dimitry

Re: Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

"Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

hi Dimitry,

> I fixed latest launcher problems for Linux and Mac and created a new preview 1.3.14_01

Thanks, works fine (on Linux).

Sorry for not doing it before, I had relatively much to do during the week
and yesterday, I had a first-aid-course all day.

Cheers and Best Regards,
Felix

> Regards, Dimitry

> NAML

I am on a pretty locked-down corporate machine so I cannot run freeplane.exe but I should be able to run the  freeplane.bat

Re: Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

"spicedreams [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

> I seem to have the same problem with 1.3.15 on Windows 7:
>
> Created Framework: org.knopflerfish.framework, version=7.1.2.
> java.io.IOException: Bundle manifest is missing
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.Archive.<init>
> (Archive.java:99)
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.BundleArchiveImpl.<init>
> (BundleArchiveImpl.java:89)
> at
> org.knopflerfish.framework.bundlestorage.memory.BundleStorageImpl.insertBundleJar
> (BundleStorageImpl.java:91)
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.Bundles.install0(Bundles.java:159)
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.PermissionOps.callInstall0
> (PermissionOps.java:321)
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.Bundles.install(Bundles.java:116)
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.BundleContextImpl.installBundle
> (BundleContextImpl.java:124)
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.handleArgs(Main.java:544)
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.start(Main.java:224)
> at org.knopflerfish.framework.Main.main(Main.java:153)
> Error: Command "-istart org.freeplane.core" failed, Failed to install
> bundle: java.io.IOException: Bundle manifest is missing
>
> I am on a pretty locked-down corporate machine so I cannot run
> freeplane.exe but I should be able to run the freeplane.bat

Maybe you can/need to use the portable exe?

Best Regards,

Re: Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

spicedreams
Thanks Felix, but I can't use the portable exe. My employer not only
prevents mortals installing software, but also prevents us running it from
outside a protected directory tree.

I had Java installed, so running the batch file to start FreePlane looked
like a possibility, until I hit the errors below.

I have now had FreePlane 1.3 officially installed, so I can run the
installed .exe. My problem report is no longer biting me, but perhaps
still of interest to the maintainers.

I had a slightly different problem with the 1.5 version. It also did not
start from the batch file, but gave no errors, just a series of apparently
succuessful commands and then it stalled without ever showing a GUI.

--
Best Regards
Graham

New Zealand: GMT +12 hours
Phone +64 9 445 2132
Mobile +64 27 275 4396

Re: Problems with current 1.3.x/1.4.x on Linux

Hello,

freeplane.bat in 1.3.15 has a known error and should not be used.
I have delivered a fix but because nobody complained we have not release it yet.

So I would recommend to download freeplane_bin-1.3.15.zip .

https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/files/freeplane%20stable/freeplane_bin-1.3.15.zip/download

You can extract it at any directory you like and start it using freeplane.exe.

I also think that this list is mainly for development related issues, and your question could be
posted in Freeplane SF forum at https://sourceforge.net/p/freeplane/discussion/758437/