Java 2019

Arnim
Hello
According to current information from Oracle, license costs will be incurred for various Java updates from 2019 onwards. Our installations use Freeplane Java, so it would be of great interest to us to see if you can provide your customers with a licensed embedded version in the future, or if you will soon completely do without Java.

Re: Java 2019

Felix Natter
hello Arnim,

@Dimitry:please correct me if I'm wrong.

There will be updates for most linux distributions, but unfortunately I don't know about commerical usage.
I don't think we can provide an embedded license, as we are a volunteer project without funding.

Certainly, we will *never* be able to do completely without Java, this would require a *complete* rewrite
of Freeplane.

Cheers and Best Regards,
Felix