Quantcast

JDT Core Prefs

hi,

since Dimitry found a bug (org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs actually generated
from gradle DSL), I revisited the settings:

- I set the source+target level to Java7
  I think this is reasonable because some deps (i.e. jmapviewer 1.05
  will need J7) and most users nowadays have J7 (if it's in Debian
  stable and Mac has it then it _must_ be widespread ;-))

- we _had_ several (JDT-core-) settings:
#Mon Feb 20 18:31:46 CET 2012
eclipse.preferences.version=1
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.inlineJsrBytecode=enabled
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.targetPlatform=1.6
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.unusedLocal=preserve
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.compliance=1.6
--> 1.7
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.debug.lineNumber=generate
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.debug.localVariable=generate
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.debug.sourceFile=generate
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.doc.comment.support=enabled
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.assertIdentifier=error
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.enumIdentifier=error
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.invalidJavadoc=ignore
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.invalidJavadocTags=disabled
-> I've used this since it seems to be necessary for us.
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.invalidJavadocTagsDeprecatedRef=disabled
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.invalidJavadocTagsNotVisibleRef=disabled
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.invalidJavadocTagsVisibility=public
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.missingJavadocComments=ignore
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.missingJavadocCommentsOverriding=disabled
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.missingJavadocCommentsVisibility=public
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.missingJavadocTagDescription=return_tag
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.missingJavadocTags=ignore
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.missingJavadocTagsOverriding=disabled
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.missingJavadocTagsVisibility=public
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.source=1.6
--> 1.7

The current NEW options are:
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.debug.localVariable=generate
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.compliance=1.7
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.unusedLocal=preserve
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.debug.sourceFile=generate
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.targetPlatform=1.7
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.enumIdentifier=error
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.debug.lineNumber=generate
eclipse.preferences.version=1
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.invalidJavadocTags=disabled
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.codegen.inlineJsrBytecode=enabled
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.source=1.7
org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.assertIdentifier=error

what do you think? Do we need more missingJavadoc* options?

Thanks and Best Regards,