Fwd: [forge:site-support] #12772 Files mistakenly identified as malware

Fwd: [forge:site-support] #12772 Files mistakenly identified as malware

FYI

Betreff: [forge:site-support] #12772 Files mistakenly identified as malware
Datum: Mon, 16 May 2016 15:42:32 +0000
Von: Adam Weber <[hidden email]>
Antwort an: [forge:site-support]  <[hidden email]>
An: [forge:site-support]  <[hidden email]>

- **status**: unread --> fixed
- **Comment**:

Hello,

The files located here in your project:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/malware

are already globally whitelisted (the vulnerability types). We decided to have them show up for
project developers purely to provide them with more information. In this case the types shown are
usually seen when a part of a file is unable to be extracted properly. This could be either an issue
with the file itself or because the scanner had trouble doing that. If your files extract normally
and work for regular users, then you do not need to make any changes.

*Please note that other users are not able to see these flags.

Thanks,
SourceForge Support

---

** [site-support:#12772] Files mistakenly identified as malware**

**Status:** fixed
**Created:** Mon May 16, 2016 01:33 PM UTC by Dimitry Polivaev
**Last Updated:** Mon May 16, 2016 01:33 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Hello,

Files freeplane_srcpure-1.5.9-rc-pre04.tar.gz and FreeplanePortable-1.5.9-rc-pre04.paf.exe which
have been uploaded to file release system and must be available at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/files/freeplane%20preview/ are listed as malware on page
https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/malware along with some other files with a hint that they
could not be extracted by your scanner.
I downloaded and checked the files. The first file containes our source code. It is created by
gradle. It is clean and correct. It is not damaged. The second file is created for use as portable
app and I have no influence on how it is packed. I downloaded and checked it too. It works as a
portable app as a charme.

The failures are on your side. They are likely to unsettle our users. I would greatly appreciate if
you could fix them soon.

Kind regards,
Dimitry Polivaev
freeplane project admin

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
<https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/12772/>

Re: Fwd: [forge:site-support] #12772 Files mistakenly identified as malware

"Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

hallo Dimitry,

ist das auch der Grund, warum alle Archive nach
  https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/files/freeplane%20preview/archive/
verschoben sind / nur dort auftauchen?

zu srcpure: In freeplane_framework/** ist ein bisschen Müll, aber
ansonsten sehe ich nichts auffälliges :-/

Soll ich in src.dist.gradle mal die Verzeichnisse ausschließen?

Hast du eine Idee?

BTW:

> If your files extract normally and work for regular users, then you do
> not need to make any changes.

--> Also nichts zu tun?

Viele Grüße, Felix

> FYI
>
> -------- Weitergeleitete Nachricht -------- Betreff:
> [forge:site-support] #12772 Files mistakenly identified as malware
> Datum: Mon, 16 May 2016 15:42:32 +0000 Von: Adam Weber <[hidden
> email]> Antwort an: [forge:site-support] <[hidden email]> An:
> [forge:site-support] <[hidden email]>
>
> - **status**: unread --> fixed - **Comment**:
>
> Hello,
>
> The files located here in your project:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/malware
>
> are already globally whitelisted (the vulnerability types). We decided
> to have them show up for project developers purely to provide them
> with more information. In this case the types shown are usually seen
> when a part of a file is unable to be extracted properly. This could
> be either an issue with the file itself or because the scanner had
> trouble doing that. If your files extract normally and work for
> regular users, then you do not need to make any changes.
>
> *Please note that other users are not able to see these flags.
>
> Thanks, SourceForge Support
>
> ---
>
> ** [site-support:#12772] Files mistakenly identified as malware**
>
> **Status:** fixed **Created:** Mon May 16, 2016 01:33 PM UTC by
> Dimitry Polivaev **Last Updated:** Mon May 16, 2016 01:33 PM UTC
> **Owner:** nobody
>
> Hello,
>
> Files freeplane_srcpure-1.5.9-rc-pre04.tar.gz and
> FreeplanePortable-1.5.9-rc-pre04.paf.exe which have been uploaded to
> file release system and must be available at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/files/freeplane%20preview/
> are listed as malware on page
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeplane/malware along with some
> other files with a hint that they could not be extracted by your
> scanner.  I downloaded and checked the files. The first file containes
> our source code. It is created by gradle. It is clean and correct. It
> is not damaged. The second file is created for use as portable app and
> I have no influence on how it is packed. I downloaded and checked it
> too. It works as a portable app as a charme.
>
> The failures are on your side. They are likely to unsettle our
> users. I would greatly appreciate if you could fix them soon.
>
> Kind regards, Dimitry Polivaev freeplane project admin
>
> ---
>
> Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/12772/>

Re: Fwd: [forge:site-support] #12772 Files mistakenly identified as malware

Hallo Felix,

die wesentliche Message meiner Mail ist, dass alles gut ist und wir nichts besonderes zu tun brauchen.

Dinge waren unter Preview letztes Paar Stunden nicht sichtbar weil ich einen kleinen Bug in der
bereits releaseten Preview - Version 1.5.9_04 gefunden hab und ihn sofort beheben wollte. 1.5.9_05
ist bereits unterwegs. Alle ältere Versionen verschiebe ich immer nach Archive. Eventuell könnten
wir da was löschen.

Grüße,
Dimirty

<[hidden email]> writes:

> Hallo Felix,

hi Dimitry,

> die wesentliche Message meiner Mail ist, dass alles gut ist und wir nichts
> besonderes zu tun brauchen.
>
> Dinge waren unter Preview letztes Paar Stunden nicht sichtbar weil ich
> einen kleinen Bug in der
> bereits releaseten Preview - Version 1.5.9_04 gefunden hab und ihn sofort
> beheben wollte. 1.5.9_05
> ist bereits unterwegs. Alle ältere Versionen verschiebe ich immer nach
> Archive. Eventuell könnten
> wir da was löschen.

Alles klar, danke für die Info.

VG,