[Freeplane-developer] Switch spellchecker to hunspell?

[Freeplane-developer] Switch spellchecker to hunspell?

h.goebel

yet another idea for 1.4: I'd like to switch the spell-checker to hunspell.

hunspell is widely adopted as spell-checker by e.g. Apache Solr,
LibreOffic/OpenOffice, Thunderbird/Firefox, and even Indesign. For more
more see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunspell.

* On a Linux system, hunspell dictionaries are installed on (almost)
every office installation.
* For MAC OS X it seams to be the system spell checker anyway, so
dictionaries are available there.

JNA Java bindings, including pre-compiled binaries, are available at
http://dren.dk/hunspell.html (git repo:
https://github.com/dren-dk/HunspellJNA)

I'd volunteer implementing this, if you agree switching the spell-checker.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | [hidden email]               |

Regards
Hartmut Goebel

| Hartmut Goebel          | h.goebel@crazy-compilers.com               |

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Switch spellchecker to hunspell?

On 24.11.2013 11:59, Hartmut Goebel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yet another idea for 1.4: I'd like to switch the spell-checker to hunspell.
>
> hunspell is widely adopted as spell-checker by e.g. Apache Solr,
> LibreOffic/OpenOffice, Thunderbird/Firefox, and even Indesign. For more
> more see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunspell.
>
> * On a Linux system, hunspell dictionaries are installed on (almost)
> every office installation.
> * For MAC OS X it seams to be the system spell checker anyway, so
> dictionaries are available there.
>
> JNA Java bindings, including pre-compiled binaries, are available at
> http://dren.dk/hunspell.html (git repo:
> https://github.com/dren-dk/HunspellJNA)
>
> I'd volunteer implementing this, if you agree switching the spell-checker.

+1 given you volunteer