Quantcast

[Freeplane-developer] Freeplane with ribbons

[Freeplane-developer] Freeplane with ribbons

Marcel (docear) has added the ribbons to the freeplane as a new branch named master_ribbons. Its
code is not stable yet because there are still some things to be solved. I am going to work on them
later in December/Januar.

But now you can checkout this branch, compile it and see how it works.
Many thanks to Marcel and Docear for his contribution.
Constructive feedback is welcome.

Regards, Dimitry

2013-12-06 20_45_27-Mindmap1 - Freeplane - Mindmapmodus.png (82K) Download Attachment

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Freeplane with ribbons

Dimitry Polivaev <[hidden email]> writes:

> Marcel (docear) has added the ribbons to the freeplane as a new branch
> named master_ribbons. Its code is not stable yet because there are still
> some things to be solved. I am going to work on them later in
> December/Januar.

I think that the ribbons look very professional and are very easy to
use!
I also like that some items are disabled based on context (was that
possible previously?).

I am wondering whether all new jars can be packaged for Debian/Mageia.
https://java.net/projects/substance
https://java.net/projects/flamingo/
https://kenai.com/projects/trident

=> these are all older releases (3+ years ago). Can you please tell us
where flamingo-6.3 and substance-3.6 come from (5.0 and 5.3 are packaged
for Debian, for instance).

> But now you can checkout this branch, compile it and see how it works.
> Many thanks to Marcel and Docear for his contribution.
> Constructive feedback is welcome.

Is it planned/possible to allow search via key presses? i.e. Ctrl+F xxx
How about changing the accelerator of "Find..." from Ctrl-G to Ctrl-F
and using Ctrl-G to continue the search (find next node) [1]?

Resources->Formula (LaTeX) needs to be available to allow editing of
legacy LaTeX, but we should indicate in some way that latex in core is
available (in the menus, I tackled this by providing a "Add LaTeX
formula" option that would create a popup that tells people about latex
in core).

[1] Ctrl-G should then probably be mentioned in the "Find..." dialog.

Thanks for the excellent work and Best Regards,

Re: [Freeplane-developer] Freeplane with ribbons

Joeran
Hi Felix,

I am wondering whether all new jars can be packaged for Debian/Mageia.
https://java.net/projects/substance
https://java.net/projects/flamingo/
https://kenai.com/projects/trident

I don't know. Maybe someone else on this mailing list can answer the question?

Is it planned/possible to allow search via key presses? i.e. Ctrl+F xxx
How about changing the accelerator of "Find..." from Ctrl-G to Ctrl-F
and using Ctrl-G to continue the search (find next node) [1]?

Yes, we definately want to have e.g. the old filter function (the text field and quick filter) which is currently missing. Personally, I would also like to have CTRL+F opening a search field and CTRL+G to jump to the next search hit. Or maybe we could combine the search and quick filter function and use a radio button that selects whether to search or filter the entered text.

Resources->Formula (LaTeX) needs to be available to allow editing of
legacy LaTeX, but we should indicate in some way that latex in core is
available (in the menus, I tackled this by providing a "Add LaTeX
formula" option that would create a popup that tells people about latex
in core).

As soon as we have integrated the ribbons into Freeplane, we should talk about this in detail (there are probably also quite a few other entries in the menu you might want have to be modified?)

Best,
Joeran

Joeran Beel <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi Felix,

hello Joeran,

>     I am wondering whether all new jars can be packaged for Debian/Mageia.
>     https://java.net/projects/substance
>     https://java.net/projects/flamingo/
>     https://kenai.com/projects/trident
>
> I don't know. Maybe someone else on this mailing list can answer the
> question?

Can you tell us where you downloaded the jars? Then I can check from
there :-)

>     Is it planned/possible to allow search via key presses? i.e. Ctrl+F xxx
>     How about changing the accelerator of "Find..." from Ctrl-G to Ctrl-F
>     and using Ctrl-G to continue the search (find next node) [1]?
>
> Yes, we definately want to have e.g. the old filter function (the text field and quick
> filter) which is currently missing. Personally, I would also like to have CTRL+F opening a
> search field and CTRL+G to jump to the next search hit.

IMHO Ctrl+f + xxx + enter + enter + ... is more intuitive.  Ctrl-g is
probably ok if we mention this in the tooltip.

> Or maybe we could combine the search
> and quick filter function and use a radio button that selects whether to search or filter the
> entered text.
>
>     Resources->Formula (LaTeX) needs to be available to allow editing of
>     legacy LaTeX, but we should indicate in some way that latex in core is
>     available (in the menus, I tackled this by providing a "Add LaTeX
>     formula" option that would create a popup that tells people about latex
>     in core).
>
> As soon as we have integrated the ribbons into Freeplane, we should talk about this in detail
> (there are probably also quite a few other entries in the menu you might want have to be
> modified?)

Yes, I'll have to take a closer look.

Best Regards,