Freeplane and scala as scripting engine

Gerrie Myburgh
It is not possible to get scala to work on Freeplane as is. Scala needs to be informed what class patch to use after an instance of the scala scripting engine has been created.

I used 1.4.x to create a poc of freeplane that can use scala. I did this by initializing scala properly after freeplane has created an instance of the scala engine.

If anyone is interested on how to get scala to work under freeplane just tell me. I am more than happy to help out.

PS I had to hack the menus to get a way to trigger the scripting engine.

Re: Freeplane and scala as scripting engine

I think no of Freeplane developers is interested in scripting engine for Scala, but some users could be interested. Therefore I would suggest that you create a fork on github (https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane) , take the right branch (1.3.x or 1.4.x) and make your modified version available.  This way we could look at the changes you propose.

Next I would write in Forum http://sourceforge.net/p/freeplane/discussion/758437/ where more people could find your post.