Freeplane 1.4.x with clones and other postponed features

Freeplane 1.4.x with clones and other postponed features

Hello team,

after talking to Marcel I have successfully merged freeplane branch 1.4.x to ribbon development
branch menustructure and deleted all ribbon related code from branch 1.4.x . I also reverted the
menu definitions and translations to Freeplane 1.5.x and added strings needed by the new
functionality contained in 1.4.x .

This way 1.4.x is working again, it can also export to applet. After Volker finishes his work on
scripting we could merge 1.4.x to 1.5.x: it already contains all features on 1.5.x. I think it were
nice if we could do it soon and have all new features released soon. I have not changed a branch
name now because I still do not know for sure if we merge it to 1.5.x or create a separate release
1.6.x with clones etc.

Marcel can continue to work on ribbons because he likes them. I shall help him to merge it back
after work on his branch is finished. Currently I am not sure whether we should give up current menu
structure because of change to ribbons and I suggest that we discuss it separately.

Best regards,

Re: Freeplane 1.4.x with clones and other postponed features

Hello team,

I would like to merge current state of branch 1.4.x to branch 1.5.x and make all new features available for the test users now.

Currently 1.4.x has no dependencies on ribbons and the menu structure is the same as for 1.3.x even if it uses the new menu xml representation and builders behind the scene. Java applets produced with this branch are also functional.

Any concerns?