Quantcast

Feature deadline for Freeplane 1.4.x

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Feature deadline for Freeplane 1.4.x

Dimitry Polivaev
Administrator
Hello everybody,

I suggest to have a discussion whether we need a date to introduce a feature freeze for Freeplane
1.4.x. The feature freeze would mean that if e.g. Ribbons do not still work on that day they would
be removed from the branch code base so that the release can be done.

I do not want to make any pressure and appreciate the work already done by many of us in order to
make ribbons working. However I find it important that we set a clear deadline for 1.4.x and have an
agreement at least between Felix, Volker and Marcel here. Personally I would accept any date e.g.
July 2015 or December 2015 or July 2016. I only want to have a clarity and a plan.

In any case I am going to keep the new menu implementation so that ribbons can come in later.
Therefore we still need Volker to implement scripting specific tasks for the new internal menu API.

Regards,
Dimitry
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Feature deadline for Freeplane 1.4.x

Felix Natter
Administrator
"Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello everybody,

hello Devs,

> I suggest to have a discussion whether we need a date to introduce a
> feature freeze for Freeplane
> 1.4.x. The feature freeze would mean that if e.g. Ribbons do not still work
> on that day they would
> be removed from the branch code base so that the release can be done.
>
> I do not want to make any pressure and appreciate the work already done by
> many of us in order to
> make ribbons working. However I find it important that we set a clear
> deadline for 1.4.x and have an
> agreement at least between Felix, Volker and Marcel here. Personally I
> would accept any date e.g.
> July 2015 or December 2015 or July 2016. I only want to have a clarity and
> a plan.

I think it would be a pity if the hard work on ribbons would not be
honored, but on the other hand there are lots of improvements waiting
for users. So my pain barrier would be end of 2015.

> In any case I am going to keep the new menu implementation so that ribbons
> can come in later.
> Therefore we still need Volker to implement scripting specific tasks for
> the new internal menu API.

We can also keep all the ribbon source code and just deactivate with a
flag.

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Feature deadline for Freeplane 1.4.x

Volker Börchers
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dimitry Polivaev
Hi,

so am I the only one with open tasks? That would be the best thing since
I will be able to work on the scripting integration soon (after this week).

Regards,
Volker

Am 13.06.2015 um 12:52 schrieb Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer]:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I suggest to have a discussion whether we need a date to introduce a
> feature freeze for Freeplane
> 1.4.x. The feature freeze would mean that if e.g. Ribbons do not still
> work on that day they would
> be removed from the branch code base so that the release can be done.
>
> I do not want to make any pressure and appreciate the work already done
> by many of us in order to
> make ribbons working. However I find it important that we set a clear
> deadline for 1.4.x and have an
> agreement at least between Felix, Volker and Marcel here. Personally I
> would accept any date e.g.
> July 2015 or December 2015 or July 2016. I only want to have a clarity
> and a plan.
>
> In any case I am going to keep the new menu implementation so that
> ribbons can come in later.
> Therefore we still need Volker to implement scripting specific tasks for
> the new internal menu API.
>
> Regards,
> Dimitry
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/Feature-deadline-for-Freeplane-1-4-x-tp713.html
>
> To start a new topic under Freeplane Developer, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from Freeplane Developer, click here
> <
> NAML
> <
http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Feature deadline for Freeplane 1.4.x

Felix Natter
Administrator
"Volker Börchers [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> so am I the only one with open tasks? That would be the best thing since
> I will be able to work on the scripting integration soon (after this week).

Thanks for working on this.
Unfortunately we are waiting for Marcel's work as well.

Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Feature deadline for Freeplane 1.4.x

Dimitry Polivaev
Administrator
>  > so am I the only one with open tasks? That would be the best thing since
>  > I will be able to work on the scripting integration soon (after this week).
>
> Thanks for working on this.
> Unfortunately we are waiting for Marcel's work as well.

After Volker finishes the scripting integration I would produce a preview without ribbons where the
ribbons and their dependencies are removed from the current build. It does not mean any decision, as
long as there is no feature freeze the ribbons can come back in 1.4.x again, and afterwards they
were welcome for any next version which could be produced upon their availability.

Agreed?

Regards,
Dimitry

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Feature deadline for Freeplane 1.4.x

Volker Börchers
Administrator
Agree!

Best regards,
Volker

Am 16.06.2015 um 21:24 schrieb Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer]:

>  >  > so am I the only one with open tasks? That would be the best thing
> since
>  >  > I will be able to work on the scripting integration soon (after
> this week).
>  >
>  > Thanks for working on this.
>  > Unfortunately we are waiting for Marcel's work as well.
>
> After Volker finishes the scripting integration I would produce a
> preview without ribbons where the
> ribbons and their dependencies are removed from the current build. It
> does not mean any decision, as
> long as there is no feature freeze the ribbons can come back in 1.4.x
> again, and afterwards they
> were welcome for any next version which could be produced upon their
> availability.
>
> Agreed?
>
> Regards,
> Dimitry
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/Feature-deadline-for-Freeplane-1-4-x-tp713p717.html
>
> To start a new topic under Freeplane Developer, email
> [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from Freeplane Developer, click here
> <
> NAML
> <
http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Feature deadline for Freeplane 1.4.x

Felix Natter
Administrator
In reply to this post by Dimitry Polivaev
"Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

hello Dimitry,

>> > so am I the only one with open tasks? That would be the best thing
> since
>> > I will be able to work on the scripting integration soon (after this
> week).
>>
>> Thanks for working on this.
>> Unfortunately we are waiting for Marcel's work as well.
>
> After Volker finishes the scripting integration I would produce a preview
> without ribbons where the
> ribbons and their dependencies are removed from the current build. It does
> not mean any decision, as
> long as there is no feature freeze the ribbons can come back in 1.4.x
> again, and afterwards they
> were welcome for any next version which could be produced upon their
> availability.
>
> Agreed?

Agreed.

Cheers and Best Regards,
--
Felix Natter
Loading...