Quantcast

Errors when displaying UTF-8 characters inside richcontent

Errors when displaying UTF-8 characters inside richcontent

Claude VIEVILLE
Hi,

I have got an error with european characters such as é.

I put these characters UTF-8 encoded inside richcontent/html/body and they are not correctly displayed. For example I get : "Présentation du contexte et des enjeux de la formation soumise à l'habilitation" instead of "Présentation du contexte et des enjeux de la formation soumise à  l'habilitation."

map.mm

Thanks you for your help

Re: Errors when displaying UTF-8 characters inside richcontent

Freeplane follows FreeMind and does not support UTF-8.
It encodes all non ascii characters as &#xnnn;

You can force such encoding in xslt transformations using directive

<xsl:output method="xml" encoding="us-ascii" />

> Hi,
>
> I have got an error with european characters such as é.
>
> I put these characters UTF-8 encoded inside richcontent/html/body and they are not correctly
> displayed. For example I get : "Présentation du contexte et des enjeux de la formation soumise Ã
> l'habilitation" instead of "Présentation du contexte et des enjeux de la formation soumise à
> l'habilitation."
>
> map.mm <http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/file/n548/map.mm>
>
> Thanks you for your help

Re: Errors when displaying UTF-8 characters inside richcontent

Volker Börchers
Claude,

you could use scripting to encode the text via
StringEscapeUtils.escapeJava()

https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/javadocs/api-2.6/org/apache/commons/lang/StringEscapeUtils.html#escapeJava(java.lang.String)

Regards,
Volker

http://freeplane-developer.996965.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Errors when displaying UTF-8 characters inside richcontent

Claude VIEVILLE
Many thanks,

encoding in us-ascii instead of UTT-8 works well !

I have got a very opinion of the freeplane developper support service

regards, Claude

Re: Errors when displaying UTF-8 characters inside richcontent

Claude VIEVILLE
Volker,

thanks you for giving me a solution. For the momment I have not tested it as I produce the mm file with an xslt mechanism : changing the encoding is easer in my case.

regards,

Claude