Eclipse luna

I pushed my latest version to master. Here I changed class path of project freeplane_ant to use
ant.jar from the plugin contained in eclipse luna. So you need eclipse luna to be able to compile
this project in eclipse. But in the most cases this project is not needed in the workspace and can
be deleted or closed.

Once we have gradle such problems will not occur any more.

By the way, I also had to create new eclipse workspace because eclipse could not properly convert
the old workspace to its new format.

A note to fellow Mac OS X Freeplane developers

theworldbright
Apparently Eclipse Luna (4.4) is the first release requiring Java 7. In short, I believe anyone who is developing on a Mac will not be able to use Eclipse Luna.

The reason is mentioned on the following SO post:

"Originally Apple created both versions up to Java 6, but Oracle only creates a 64-bit version (much to the dismay of owners of older machines). So, if you download a 32-bit version of Eclipse it will only run with an Apple JVM, which apparently is too old."

I will continue to use Kepler SR1 32 bit in the meantime.

Regards,

Kent

Re: A note to fellow Mac OS X Freeplane developers

Hi Kent,

after getting your mail I googled for "mac os java swing osgi eclipse bug" and found this.

http://softwareisart.blogspot.de/2011/11/running-swing-osgi-applications-under.html

Does it somehow help with Java 64 bit?

Re: A note to fellow Mac OS X Freeplane developers

theworldbright
Hello Dimitry,

I thought it would do the trick but it did not work out. Freeplane launches without a dock icon like you saw seven months ago when you helped me discover that moving to 32 bit solved the problem. Perhaps the difference between Knoplerfish and Equinox is causing the problem? Also the website seems to be showing a screenshot of an earlier version of the 64-bit Eclipse.

Here is a screenshot of my currently failing launch arguments:

arguments

I also tried it with the "Use the -XstartOn...." checkbox toggled on.

Regards,

Kent

Re: A note to fellow Mac OS X Freeplane developers

> I thought it would do the trick but it did not work out.

I think the best you could do under this circumstance is to file some bug reports and let the very
respectable java and macos developers do their hard work.

Re: A note to fellow Mac OS X Freeplane developers

Hello,

I fixed it. I can't believe it.

The trick is to add option -nosplash to the program arguments.
Option -XstartOnFirstThread must not be selected.

I fixed the launcher of mac on 1.3.x, master and 1.4.x

Re: A note to fellow Mac OS X Freeplane developers

theworldbright
It is working perfectly now! For some reason I had to manually re-add the jfxrt.jar to the classpath to get JavaFX running again, but I am sure that won't be a problem once it is added to the default classpath of the JRE. Goodbye to Kepler.

Cheers,

Kent

Re: A note to fellow Mac OS X Freeplane developers

> It is working perfectly now! For some reason I had to manually re-add the jfxrt.jar to the classpath
> to get JavaFX running again, but I am sure that won't be a problem once it is added to the default
> classpath of the JRE. Goodbye to Kepler.

On your branch you should make sure that you have JSE8 in your both project class path and running
configuration settings.