Quantcast

Certum open source code signing certificates cost 17,22 EUR per year now

Certum open source code signing certificates cost 17,22 EUR per year now

Felix,

I have seen that Certum open source code signing certificates cost 17,22 EUR (with Taxes) per year now.

Do you think I should buy it? What is the status of your order?

Re: Certum open source code signing certificates cost 17,22 EUR per year now

"Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

> Felix,

hello Dimitry,

> I have seen that Certum open source code signing certificates cost 17,22
> EUR (with Taxes) per year now.

Bad news :-(

> Do you think I should buy it? What is the status of your order?

I always get redirected to a different person: one complains:

> Please put also you email address in personal data on sourceforge.

But my email address ([hidden email]) is provided on SF,
and I don't think I can configure SF to always show it.

the other one:

> Dear Sir,
>
> please be informed that additional verification of identity is required. To
> receive certificate please meet one of the following conditions:
>
> 1. confirmation of payment (by bank transfer or by credit card) - to
> confirm personal data
> 2. notarized identity verification
> 3. additional ID document and recent original utility bill from a utility
> company confirming the arrangement to pay for the services at the
> subscriber's address
> 4. a copy of ID document of the Subscriber signed by qualified/ advanced
> electronic signature.
>
> Yours sincerely
> PCC CERTUM

I sent them (again) a copy of my id ("Personalausweis") combined with
the statement "I hereby confirm compliance with the original.".

Concerning the price: Maybe we should buy one certificate (close to the
1.4 release [1]) and share the
cost? There have been some very important use cases like the Health
Informatics one [2].  What do the others think?

[1] We would also need a new 1.3.x release soon, as I think that your
1.3.x certificate in 1.3.15 will expire very soon?

[2] http://www.freeplane.org/forum2012/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=792&hilit=Applet&sid=900a223d008c70b8bbb272c2c2b6dcab