Quantcast

Branch for Freeplane 1.4.x and its translations

Branch for Freeplane 1.4.x and its translations

Felix suggested to let people start to translate Freeplane 1.4.x . For doing so I would like to
create  a new branch 1.4.x so that everything relevant for this release goes there. I prefer not to
expose master branch to weblate because there is generally no feature freeze on the master branch.

Any objections?

Re: Branch for Freeplane 1.4.x and its translations

"Dimitry Polivaev [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,

hello Dimitry,

> Felix suggested to let people start to translate Freeplane 1.4.x . For doing so I would like to
> create  a new branch 1.4.x so that everything relevant for this release goes there. I prefer not to
> expose master branch to weblate because there is generally no feature freeze on the master branch.

I don't think it's a good idea to branch 1.4.x now because we are not in
a feature freeze (gradle, "openmaps2", ...).

Can't we just switch off weblate until we branch 1.4.x? (Leaving it open
will result in people translating 1.3.x which might not ever get
used... :-()

Best Regards,

Re: Branch for Freeplane 1.4.x and its translations

> I don't think it's a good idea to branch 1.4.x now because we are not in
> a feature freeze (gradle, "openmaps2", ...).

> Can't we just switch off weblate until we branch 1.4.x? (Leaving it open
> will result in people translating 1.3.x which might not ever get
> used... :-()

Creating branch 1.4.x does not mean feature freeze now, its only purpose is that translators can
start their work. And in my view it makes sense because we can create preview versions right now.

Felix, Why do you prefer not to have any translation efforts now?

<[hidden email]> writes:

>> I don't think it's a good idea to branch 1.4.x now because we are not in
>> a feature freeze (gradle, "openmaps2", ...).
>
>> Can't we just switch off weblate until we branch 1.4.x? (Leaving it open
>> will result in people translating 1.3.x which might not ever get
>> used... :-()

hi Dimitry,

> Creating branch 1.4.x does not mean feature freeze now, its only purpose is that translators can
> start their work. And in my view it makes sense because we can create preview versions right now.
>
> Felix, Why do you prefer not to have any translation efforts now?

I don't mind having translation efforts, but having a 1.4.x branch means
we have to downport all master changes, and I expect a lot of changes
from Blair's 'Gradle_builds' branch.

Am I missing something?

Best Regards,

Re: Branch for Freeplane 1.4.x and its translations

> I don't mind having translation efforts, but having a 1.4.x branch means
> we have to downport all master changes, and I expect a lot of changes
> from Blair's 'Gradle_builds' branch.

I do not see any overhead. I would even suggest that we use 1.4.x as a new integration branch until
the feature freeze.

<[hidden email]> writes:

>> I don't mind having translation efforts, but having a 1.4.x branch means
>> we have to downport all master changes, and I expect a lot of changes
>> from Blair's 'Gradle_builds' branch.
>
> I do not see any overhead. I would even suggest that we use 1.4.x as a new integration branch until
> the feature freeze.

If we use 1.4.x as the new master, how is that different from opening
master to translations?

Sorry if I miss sth obvious.

Best Regards,