Quantcast

Add-on enhancements

Volker Börchers
Administrator
Hi everyone,

thanks to the holidays I found the time to revise the pull
request of Lynn C. Rees which he closed later after it was clear that it
still needed some work (see
https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/pull/20). The pull request was
considered useful by everyone but unfortunately neither Lynn nor me had
the time to fix the remaining issues.

I have an improved solution now, see the description and diff at

   https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/commit/2c986d3abd5035

It's tested and backwards compatible so that I consider the risk small
enough to merge this change to the 1.3 release branch. Some more facts:

- Installed add-ons just work the way they did before.

- Newly installed add-ons will be silently ignored by older (even 1.2 !)
  installations (apart from a logfile entry).

- The change gives add-on developers a unique new way of including Jars
into their add-on without the danger of overwriting existing Jars in the
installation.

- Add-on scripts don't interfere with (don't overwrite) user scripts
anymore.

Add-on developers should upgrade their Developer Tools to
http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/addons/devtools/devtools-v0.9.15.addon.mm

Once we have an agreement here about the question whether this change
makes it into the 1.3 release I would announce it in the forum.

All the best to you for the remaining holidays and a good new year!

Regards,
Volker

Re: Add-on enhancements

"Volker Börchers [via Freeplane Developer]"
<[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> thanks to the holidays I found the time to revise the pull
> request of Lynn C. Rees which he closed later after it was clear that it
> still needed some work (see
> https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/pull/20). The pull request was
> considered useful by everyone but unfortunately neither Lynn nor me had
> the time to fix the remaining issues.

hi Volker,

do you want to push this to 1.3.x, but it's just not ready yet?
I am asking because you pushed to master, and not 1.3.x.
For me it's ok to push this to master only, but we should decide
about this.

BTW: Could you have a look at
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mantisbt/freeplane/view.php?id=2080 ?

Best Regards,

Re: Add-on enhancements

Volker Börchers
Administrator
Felix Natter wrote
<[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> thanks to the holidays I found the time to revise the pull
> request of Lynn C. Rees which he closed later after it was clear that it
> still needed some work (see
> https://github.com/freeplane/freeplane/pull/20). The pull request was
> considered useful by everyone but unfortunately neither Lynn nor me had
> the time to fix the remaining issues.

hi Volker,

do you want to push this to 1.3.x, but it's just not ready yet?
I am asking because you pushed to master, and not 1.3.x.
For me it's ok to push this to master only, but we should decide
about this.
That was a comment about the past. As I said in the remainder of my mail I consider the work being ready for inclusion into the release. As there were no objections I'll do that.

Regards, Volker

Re: Add-on enhancements

Hi Volker,

I thought you already pushed your changes. Yes, sure, we want to have them on the release branch
now. Please shortly document them also in the history file.

Regards, Dimitry